Medical Cannabis Referral Service
Since November 2018, Medical Cannabis has been legal and available for private prescription in the UK.
Medical Cannabis prescriptions are currently issued by specialist doctors and can be considered for patients who have exhausted all traditional methods of treatment for range of indications such as:
- Pain conditions – chronic pain, rheumatoid arthritis, Ehlers Danlos syndromes, fibromyalgia, chronic regional pain syndrome, migraines, cluster headaches, neuropathic pain, palliative care.
- Psychiatric conditions – attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, obsessive compulsive disorder, post traumatic stress disorder, autistic spectrum disorder, Tourette’s syndrome, insomnia, anxiety, agoraphobia, depression.
- Cancer – cancer related appetite loss, anxiety, chemotherapy induced nausea and vomiting, cancer related pain, depression, palliative care.
- Gastrointestinal conditions – Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis, irritable bowel syndrome.
- Neurological conditions – autistic spectrum disorder, epilepsy (adults / children), migraine, cluster headache, multiple sclerosis, neuropathic pain, Parkinson’s disease.
Unlike over-the-counter CBD food grade products, medical cannabis can contain levels of both THC, CBD as well as any other naturally occurring cannabinoids, terpenes and flavonoids. Treatment is prescribed to meet the individual needs of the patient and where there is clinical evidence to support its need.
How can Right Medicine pharmacy help you?
Our pharmacies now have exclusive access to UK manufactured treatment for our patients, which is now more affordable than ever before. Our team can guide you in the process of signing up to Sapphire Medical, a HIS registered specialist clinic, who can offer you an online consultation and issue your prescription to be collected in branch.
Speak to us at one of our branches or contact Sapphire Medical direct, following the links below, to see if you are eligible to get referred for treatment.
From the comfort of your own home, you will speak to a specialist clinician via video call. They will assess your needs and your suitability for medical cannabis. Your care will be reviewed by their team of expert consultants for approval.
If you are considered eligible, the clinic will issue a prescription for medical cannabis to collect via your nominated Right Medicine pharmacy.
Check to see if you are eligible – Select your local nominated pharmacy below